Wednesday 10 October 2007

Mayonnaise and Trouser Hems

I'm the luckiest girl I know.

Tonight, the woman whose guesthouse I used to live in hemmed my chef's trousers for me. I just went in for a visit (and, admittedly, some GUIDANCE on how to hem). When I walked through the door, Titi invited me in to dinner and later, Gail hemmed my pants. How crazy is that?

Then, Helen, a girl who works there, told me where Prince William hangs out.

Earlier today, Jo and I went to a farmers market in my neighborhood and one farmer sold me a tomato half price ("for you, 50p," he smiled) and another gave me a head of lettuce for free. Brilliant! I made us BLTs with the organic mayonnaise I got from daylesford organic (daylesfordorganic.com), which is a deep cream color and absolutely luscious on toasted bread. I'm tired now, and must rest up for my first day of class tomorrow. I ironed (yes mom, I actually ironed) my jacket, trousers and apron. I'm just trying to figure out how to keep it all nice and neat on the tube ride there...

1 comment:

Manfred Jager said...

. . . your stuff gets better with every day and it's a crying shame you're not getting more accolades! Arem't they reading you out there? This is much, much better than occasional little letters to the folks back home --. Like: Don't go home for a long time lest this string of pearls end abruptly! Can't wait for you to make contact, Kiddo!
M.