Saturday 6 October 2007

Accidental Hedonism?

Roommate #2 (I'll just keep changing their anonymous names until I feel comfortable), the older bloke, got in realllllly late last night. Or this morning. Either way, he woke me up and roamed about the place with some random female voice for quite some time. Turns out he was drunk. He did tell me he likes to party. Also turns out he "accidentally" ended up in a lap dancing club. "I hate those places," he said. "But they took all our money."

I can totally see how that happens. You enter the club, slip on a banana peel, some random topless woman falls onto your lap and steals your money while you're trying to pick up the peel so no one else falls. Happens all the time.

He was nothing short of a trainwreck this morning. His hair was mussed and he was mentally zonkered. I tried asking him about the laundry and all he could do was stare, glassy eyed at the television.

How he spends his nights out aren't my business, but I will say, if I had a husband or a boyfriend, I would hope he wouldn't feel the need to have some other woman sit on him for extended periods of time. Even a second is too long if it's not me. I know everyone does their own thing and people hire prostitutes, participate in orgies, go to sex clubs, etc. etc. but you know, that's just not something I happen to understand. I can't say I condone it either. I prefer men who don't need that sort of superficial, fantasy stuff. I want someone who appreciates the living, breathing, very real me sitting next to them. I'll even sit on their lap if they pay me.

No comments: