Saturday 13 October 2007

A Day at the Market


I love this sign: cheese never sleeps.



Burough Market is wonderful. Another jaw dropping outing. My eyes and my nose were bombarded with almost obscene abundance of fruits and vegetables all colors of the rainbow, and a whole host of unique items like wild boar sausage, truffles the size of your fist, boerenkaas, Dutch farmhouse cheese, Aunt Alice's pudding, wild mushrooms, fresh oysters, all manner of seafood...the famous Konditor and Cook patisserie was there, with big, fat raspberry meringues loaded with swirls of pink and red. The place was so packed, you could hardly walk in some places. I had to pace myself, so I only bought some marinated artichokes, sundried tomatoes, oak leaf lettuce, spring onions, brussel sprouts and tiny peppers stuffed with feta. Tomorrow night, K and I are making a roast dinner. I'll make the brussel sprouts and salad, and he'll make the chicken and potatoes. Yum.

No comments: