Sunday 7 October 2007

An Expensive Mistake

Sometimes, I'm a total idiot. All of you who know me well, know that I lose things. All the time. I know Pam was a wreck for the two days I had her book in my purse. What people don't understand is, I lose only my own stuff. I wish that weren't the case, but tonight was proof positive I haven't been able to shake my old habits. K took me out to Wembly Park and on our way, I decided to buy an Oyster card, which is a train and bus card you can put money on whenever you want and it saves you quite a bit than if you'd buy a ticket each day. I put 13 pounds on it, probably around $30. And wouldn't you know, after the second train we got on, I had already lost it. We even went to another platform to catch the train we just got off and looked all over. It wasn't there. Damnit. That's 30 dollars I can't afford to lose in this city. K held my card with him all night so I wouldn't lose it again. I am going to wear it around my neck from now on, I think.

No comments: