Monday 29 October 2007

Canal Boat



There are lots of canal boats between Camden Lock and Little Venice. We tried to find one after our exploration of the market, but due to the weather conditions, it didn't work out. I think it's cool how the Locks are built. An old fashioned system of transport. I can't explain the mechanics behind it, for me it's as foreign as football. T tried to explain it and even while watching a boat pass through, turn the locks and go from high water to low, I didn't understand how it worked. Literally, the boat is up high, then it's at water level. It can also go from water level to up high. It all depends on how the water is guided in through these locks. Just take my word for it. It's amazing. Who said the things invented in the past weren't way cooler than even our most advanced technologies today? Forget the internet. A boat that defies gravity, now that's cool.

No comments: