Thursday 1 November 2007

Stuff I've Learned in London (so far)

I don’t like pastry school, but I’m pretty good at piping.

I like chestnuts.

Tea is way more fabulous than I realized. Well not really. I full realized this. It’s just way more appreciated and I think that's fabulous.

If you’re bored, there’s always a cure.

If you’re hungry, there’s always a cure.

If you’re not hungry, there’s always an excuse to pretend you are.

People think I have an accent.

People treat their friends like gold.

If you fall on the street, you might not get helped, but if you ask anyone for directions, you’ll always be given assistance.

Sometimes, accidents aren’t accidents.

I like Kate Nash loads.

People here say “loads” instead of “a lot.”

Buttermilk is as rare as blue whales.

I love spelt pasta.

People sit outside even when it’s freezing. They look happy sipping their foam-topped cappucinos.

No comments: