Friday 2 November 2007

Sensory Observations

I hear:
the click of heels on concrete.

I feel:
the ground vibrate beneath me as a torrent of people rush up a flight of stairs.

I see:
a little girl in a pink dress rush up to her mother, wide eyed and in love, grabbing her hand, trying to make her hold it. next to her are two men who have just been holding her hand and they're begging the mother to pay attention, to get off her cell phone and hold the child. she doesn't.

I see:
a man with skin the color of mocha and hair as black as night.

I see:
a homeless woman crouched in a darkened corner, eating a candy bar. she's in the same spot every day, saying, "spare change, please," in an accent i can't decipher.

I think:
london needs to pass a law banning couples from making out on the tube platforms. I can hear the suction cup sounds of slobber and lips as they glue and unglue themselves like fish gasping for air. get a room, people.

i wonder:
does everyone feel as tired as me right now?

No comments: