Friday 16 November 2007

The Cake Thief



Yesterday, the unimaginable happened: someone stole my cake.

I put it in the communal refrigerator in the break room for just a few hours and when I came back, it was gone. And for a time, so was my faith in humanity.

Nevermind that I never got to taste the cake, the fact that someone I might smile at or open the door for might have taken something I worked really hard to create is devastating to me.

Turns out, people have had roast chicken and legs of lamb stolen as well. How very sad.

It took me awhile to get past it, but I've chosen to let it go. I decided not to put a giant note on the fridge trying to make the thief feel guilty. That person has to live with it, not me. At least I took a photo of it before I left class. It was the prettiest cake I ever made.

No comments: